We are always delighted to welcome new members. Membership of the Virginia Woolf Society of Great Britain entitles you to:
- FREE Virginia Woolf Bulletin three times a year, containing articles, reviews and previously unpublished material by Woolf herself (normally £5 each)
- Discount on Birthday Lecture: annual talk by a Woolf scholar or author, held on the Saturday nearest to 25 January
- FREE Regular email updates, with information and news of upcoming Woolf events
- Discount on member events: e.g. day conferences; study weekends, talks, visits; guided walks in an area connected with Woolf
As a non-profit organisation run by elected volunteers, we keep our fees as low as we can.
Annual membership (year ending 31 December 2020)
£10 UK-based students (includes all the benefits above)
£30 outside Europe
Five-year membership (beginning 2020)
£120 outside Europe
There are several ways to pay, but if you would like to join, please email the Membership Secretary Stuart N. Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can pay (sterling only) by online banking, PayPal or cheque.
1) For online payments, please use the following details.
Account Name: Virginia Woolf Society GB
Account No.: 40411044
Sort Code: 09 06 66
2) For PayPal payments, you will need to add a little extra for the PayPal charges: Stuart will let you know how much when you email.
3) Or make out a cheque to ‘Virginia Woolf Society’ and post it with your membership form to:
Southport PR9 8HJ
Reference: in all cases, please use MBRSHP plus your surname (so that we can match up the payment with the contact details provided).
UK members can renew using online banking and emailing Stuart N. Clarke at email@example.com with your:
- membership number.
For other membership types, please write to or email Stuart N. Clarke as above.