We are always delighted to welcome new members from anywhere in the world into our community. Membership of the Virginia Woolf Society of GB entitles you to:
- FREE Virginia Woolf Bulletin three times a year, containing articles, reviews and previously unpublished material by Woolf herself (normally £7 each)
- Discount and priority notice for Birthday Lecture: this is an annual talk by a Woolf scholar or author, held on the Saturday nearest to 25 January
- FREE regular email updates, with information and news of upcoming Woolf events
- Discount and priority notice for VWSGB events, e.g. day conferences; study weekends, talks, visits; guided walks in an area connected with Woolf
- Member-only online talks: live talks accessed by web link (small additional charge)
- FREE online group events: networking events and readings for members only
Membership makes a great gift for a Woolf enthusiast! Already a member? Have a look at our Publications page for other ideas.
As a non-profit organisation run by elected volunteers, we keep our fees as low as we can.
Annual membership (1 Jan to 31 Dec 2024)
£35 Rest of World
Student (full-time) annual membership
£15 Rest of World
Five-year membership (beginning 2024)
£150 Rest of World
Life membership (beginning 2024)
£450 Rest of World
Want to join now rather than wait until January? Membership starting part-way through the present year and continuing until December of the following year is also available. Please email the Membership Secretary for details.
How to apply and pay
If you would like to join, please download and complete the application form (see link below) and email it to the Membership Secretary Lindsay Martin: email@example.com or post it to him at: 12 Elm Park Road, London N21 2HN. PLEASE WAIT FOR A REPLY BEFORE PAYING.
When your application has been confirmed by email or letter, you can pay (sterling only) by online banking, PayPal, credit/debit card or cheque.
1) For online payments, please use the following details.
If you renew your membership each year, you might like to set up a standing order (a regular payment of a stated amount on a specific date). Unlike a direct debit, a standing order is under the payer’s control: the amount paid remains the same until you change it, and you can alter or stop it at any time.
Account Name: Virginia Woolf Society GB
Account No.: 40411044
Sort Code: 09 06 66
BIC (formerly Swift) Code: ABBYGB2LANB
IBAN: GB95 ABBY 0906 6640 4110 44
* Please note that your bank may charge you an additional fee for processing international payments
2) For PayPal payments from overseas, we should be grateful if you would send a voluntary donation to cover the extra charges.
3) If you do not have a PayPal account and wish to pay by credit/debit card, you can ask for a PayPal invoice. You will then be able to pay by Visa/Visa Debit/Visa Electron, Mastercard, Discover, UnionPay, Maestro or American Express.
4) If you would like to pay by cheque, please make it out to ‘Virginia Woolf Society’, mark it ‘Membership’ and send it with your Membership application form to the above address.
Reference: in all cases, please use MBRSHP plus your surname (so that we can match up the payment with the contact details provided).
UK members can renew using online banking and emailing Lindsay Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- membership number.
Find us on social media